Monday, April 21, 2008

I made an appointment with a lady here in my city who does acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. I have been reading this book called The Infertility Cure and it's all based on TCM. It makes so much sense to me that I treat my whole body and try to figure out what is causing my hormonal imbalance rather than just trying to fix what is broken. The author says treating IF is like driving a tack into the wall with a sledge hammer. I couldn't agree more!
So I'm excited about my appointment next week. I'm nervous too because I haven't done a very good job at cutting out caffeine, booze, dairy or meat. Whoops! I am down to 1 cup of coffee a day though which is good considering I used to drink it all day. And I've been drinking green tea in the evenings quite religiously. I'm not having as much dairy (I used to drink at least one glass of milk with dinner but have been having water instead). I could do with red meat but love chicken so that's been hard. But, of course, the booze has been the hardest. I suck. It was 21 above on Friday and I couldn't resist a cold beer...or six. I'm pathetic.

2 comments:

waitingforamiracle said...

I have been reading your blog quite regularly, as I have some of the same issues as you. I have tried acupuncture, for 3 months to be exact. As a girl who was terrified of needles, this was quite a step. It was not as bad as I thought, it was actually quite relaxing, once the needles are in. Although it did not get me pregnant it sure did cure my phobia of needles. Good Luck.

infertiledeva said...

Hi! Thank you for your comments.
I am sorry that the acupuncture hasn't worked for you...yet. I have heard it can take 3 months for your body to adjust to the treatment so I'm looking forward to hearing from you that you got your BFP!!!
I know of someone who was about to start IVF but decided to try acupuncture and TCM and was pg 3 months to the day of starting treatment. You never know!!!!
Good luck to you and keep me posted. :-)