Sunday, May 4, 2008

Acupuncture

I went for my first acupuncture treatment on Thursday. It was really good. We didn't talk a lot about how she was going to treat my "infertility" (I use the word in quotes as Dr. Straub doesn't believe in IF) but I did go over my history of us TTC and she asked me a whole bunch of questions. She did ask if my intentions were to conceive naturally or through IVF and I said all I wanted was to be pg with a healthy baby but if the IVF clinic were to call me tomorrow, I would accept the treatment. So she said if I wished to continue treatment she would help me prepare my body for the IVF if I didn't end up pg first but that she was going to treat me for my period with acupuncture that day. She said there is no need to have heavy flow and severe cramping during aunt flo's visit...umm....excuse me? really? So since CD 1 should be today (although I feel NOTHING!!) she said she would prepare my body for AF and that I should just relax and we will talk about treating my high FSH later on. So I go back on May 14th for another treatment. 
While I am not getting my hopes up TOO high, I have to say that this is the first person I've encountered during our TTC journey who was so hopeful and optimistic. She didn't tell me that I couldn't do ANYTHING. It was so nice. And she's so nice. THANK YOU SO MUCH for recommending her A.N.!! xoxo
I really want DH to start treatment too (maybe there's a quit smoking treatment) but I know he's way too insane and stressed right now so I'll back off until the day after his concert is over...tee hee.

No comments: