Thursday, July 10, 2008

Still Plugging Along...

I'm halfway through the cleanse today. Woo Hoo!! Actually, I'll have to add an extra couple of days to the cleanse because I cut back from 3 packets to 2 packets a day. The first couple of days were pretty harsh. I was afraid to leave the house and get too far away from a bathroom!! TMI, I know. I'm feeling much better now. I am usually STARVING by 10:00 pm but I get through it without eating. 
I've figured out the right balance of berries and juice in my smoothie and I actually quite enjoy it in the morning. Eating is getting easier but boy has it been expensive this week buying food!!! It's not all the "healthy eating's" fault though because with us in the new house I'm finding we have NOTHING. I am happy that there is a lot of organic food to choose from in Safeway and Sobey's because the Organic grocery stores are quite pricey. Wheat still seems to be my biggest challenge but it's getting easier. I went downtown yesterday to the farmer's market and all I could smell was the hot dogs cooking. I wanted one SO BAD!!! But I resisted. I think I dreamt about hot dogs last night. LOL!
Anyway, still just taking BC pills and aspirin. I have an u/s scheduled for July 17th  and then if all looks good, I could be starting stims on July 23rd. Thank goodness my DH will be home from Europe in time for this to give me strength. He was hoping he would be away for the "hormonal stage" but alas he will be here right in the middle of it. LOL!!!
And just when we couldn't be any more blessed, some close friends of ours got us an amazing rate on a suite in Calgary!! We are so lucky!!! I'm still figuring out where I'll stay when I first get there (July 30-Aug.4th) but then DH and I have decided we'd like to be alone during the ER and ET...it could be quite an emotional time for us. So we'll stay in the suite...yay! 
I really appreciate the emails of support and food tips. If you know of a hamburger/hot dog bun that does not have wheat let me know!

No comments: