Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Summer of ME!

I cannot describe how fortunate I feel right now. It seems like all of the stars are lining up and the universe is preparing us for our miracle. I got into see Dr. Julie Zepp on Thursday. She is a renowned Naturopathic Doctor here in my city. Her waiting list is 3 years long and I got into see her after contacting her via email in just a couple of months. There was a cancellation and I got it. Meeting with her has made me feel even more hopeful and optimistic. We spent a lot of time talking about my journey, my goals, my fears, etc. and then she studied my eyes and was able to see that I carry around a lot of stress and anxiety (duh!) and she also saw grief. But she also said that my eyes revealed a "strong constitution" meaning I don't show a lot of weakness. The problem with this though is that I don't recognize the signals my body gives off when it's time to relax or slow down. I just go, go, go all the time. And she also said it looks as though I hold everything in...which I totally do! My body appears tight and tense. So, first order of business is to look after myself and make more deposits into the stress account. She wants me in bed my 10 and stay in bed until 8. If I wake up before 8, I'm to have some hot water and lemon and stay in bed reading or meditating. She gave me a recipe for a Smoothie to have for breakfast (which has taken the edge of the disgusting green concentrate I was taking...phew!) and I also started a cleanse/detox today. She also made several dietary suggestions with the basic rule of thumb being, "eat as close to nature as possible". No red meat, no dairy (unless it's plain, organic yogurt), no wheat, no caffeine and no alcohol. So I had fun  going to organic grocery stores trying to shop for my new diet...it's so hard though!! The hardest thing for me will be the wheat because I'm SUCH a carb junkie. 
I've been walking every day since summer holidays started and have just been taking care of ME. Watching movies, reading and napping. It has been glorious. I think I'll blow the dust off of my yoga mat tomorrow too. 
A group of my friends made me a scapbook full of inspirational quotes for our trip to Calgary. It is so beautiful and thoughtful. I am so blessed. 

No comments: