Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Good Things Come in TWO!!

I am over the moon with joy!! We were able to retrieve TWO eggs this morning. I DO believe in miracles. The first follicle gave us a bit of a scare as it took 4 flushes before they found the egg...phew! I burst into tears when I heard the embryologist yell, "we've got an egg!" Then Dr. Greene informed me that there was another smaller follicle that had appeared since Sunday's u/s and did I want him to aspirate that one also? Umm....YES!!! So he did and wouldn't you believe there was ANOTHER egg!! I just about leaped off of the bed when I heard her yell, "We've got egg #2!!" I didn't have any medication as they believed they would only be making one poke so I didn't have to sit in recovery for an hour afterward and I'm feeling really good right now...no different than having the cyst drained really. The embryologist said the first egg is mature and the second one is "borderline" mature. She's pretty sure it is but can't say definitively. So we continue to pray and cross all of our crossables. Everyone in the clinic was so excited for us. The nurse cheered when she heard we had 2 eggs. We will find out tomorrow morning if one or both fertilized. My uterine lining looks great and is ready for a peanut (or two) to snuggle in good and tight for the next nine months. I am so grateful for all that I have in my life and can only hope that the universe will continue to bless us. 

1 comment:

Jessica Sandomirsky said...

What wonderful news for you and all who love you - we are crossed to the max here at home.