Friday, August 1, 2008

It Only Takes ONE Good One!

Had my u/s yesterday and the good news is they saw 4 decent sized follicles. The bad news is they wanted to see more than that. The magic number is 12. Sooo....I was given the option to cancel this cycle and start all over again but we've decided to just go for it. After all, it really only takes one good egg right? Yesterday was a hard day for me. I was so excited to actually see some follicles on the screen but then when the doctor told me it was good but not great I got so upset. But the nurse said I'm young and that we should just go for it because even if there is just one good egg, we have every reason to believe it will implant and go on to a healthy pregnancy. So here I am, telling my body that I trust it and it knows what to do so please make those follies grow and maybe get a couple more going also. :-)
I go back for another u/s on Sunday morning and I am really hoping all 4 follies have continued to mature. Please cross your fingers for us!
I also saw the acupuncturist here yesterday. She is AWESOME! I love her. She is going to meet me at the fertility clinic on the day of my transfer and do a before and after treatment for me. Wow!
My girlfriend and I have been doing some serious shopping too! Thank goodness for GPS!! We have been able to find the Lululemons, IKEA, Liquor Supterstore, H&M, Sephora, MEC and many more with ease thanks to our friend Jeeves who tells us where to go. 
I'll post more on Sunday. DH arrives Monday morning. Thanks for all of your well wishes. xoxo

1 comment:

Jessica Sandomirsky said...

Continue to repeat: it only takes one, it only takes one, it only takes one. Stay positive. Miss you.