Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Other 'C' Word for Clomid

Ugh..Clomid is BY FAR the devil. It's this little pill that's supposed to stimulate your ovaries and produce nice big fat juicy eggies. But the side effects were unbearable. I was the dragon lady on these drugs. I could go from laughing to crying to screaming in less than 5 minutes. I spent months trying to keep the dragon inside of me tamed because if it let loose watch out!!! My poor DH. Oh my god and the night sweats!! Hello! One night I was so hot I actually got out of bed and laid naked on the hardwood floor to cool off. I know you can only imagine when the moodiness and the night sweats collided...whoa mama! I would become Lucifer himself!!! I even went out and bought one of those night gowns that menopausal women wear...it was HOT! There was no chance for nooky in that thing though which was kinda defeating the purpose.
The O cramps were a real picnic too. They were about as fun as period cramps. Yipee!! 
Yep, this will all be worth it in the end. But if I stayed on Clomid I was going to die. Correction: I would likely have killed someone. DH really pushed Dr. C to change meds...lol! 

No comments: