Saturday, March 15, 2008

Tricks of the Trade

I was chuckling to myself the other day when I thought about all of the "tricks" I have tried to get pregnant over the past 5 years. 
*green tea (good for cervical mucous)
*Evening Primrose Oil (also good for cervical mucous-CM)
*Preseed (Dh and I called it "baby juice" but it's really sperm friendly KY)-I still have about $40 worth of this stuff stuck at the American border which I've paid for and never received...grr.
*I have laid in bed for 30 minutes after sex, stood on my head, held my legs in the air and even done the upside down bicycle for 15 minutes. I swear that's why I have neck and back problems.
 *One cycle we had sex EVERY SINGLE DAY after Aunt Flo left. As fun as this may sound, it wasn't.
*Basal Body Thermometer and Charting-I swear to god if I never put another thermometer in my mouth for the rest of my life it will be too soon. And DH just LOVED the "beep, beep, beep" every morning for a year. Blah! 
*Fertility Friend-easy way to chart but those damn dotted lines and saying I O'd one day and then taking my line away the next. Whatever. 
*I have logged THOUSANDS of hours on the internet reading about making babies. I have also made a lot of cyber friends on Parenting forums. Two of my favourites are:
*Ovulation Predictor Kits (OPKs)-is the line darker than the control line??? I'm not sure..hmm. Well let's try a more expensive one then....yay a happy face, oh whoops, no happy face. GAHHH!!! Another $100 down the drain.
*Yes, I have even analyzed my CM to look for the Egg White stuff. How's this for foreplay: honey I have EWCM!!!
*prayer
*avoiding any jinxing
*We have tried vacations, spas, quiet weekends alone at home (In case you haven't heard, apparently if you 'just relax' you will get pregnant)
*not talking about it/trying to forget about the fact that we STILL DON'T HAVE A BABY (oh ya', cuz if you think about it too much it won't happen). I think I've just thought of the topic of my next entry. 

No comments: